Did you know Candida is a major contributor to Weight Gain and Weight Loss challenges? According to research by Jacob Teitelbaum, MD, at the Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Centers in Dallas, Texas, yeast overgrowth (candida) is linked to an average weight gain of 32.5 pounds. That’s shocking but true. Therefore, getting to the bottom of your Candida problem is an important factor in losing those excess pounds.
You might be wondering, what on earth is Candida? Candida is a fungus, which is a form of yeast, and a very small amount of it lives in your mouth and intestines. Its job is to aid with digestion and nutrient absorption but, when overproduced, candida breaks down the wall of the intestine and penetrates the bloodstream, releasing toxic by-products into your body and causing leaky gut. This can lead to many different health problems, ranging from digestive issues to depression.
The healthy bacteria in your gut typically keep your candida levels in check. However, several factors can cause the candida population to get out of hand:
- Eating a diet high in refined carbohydrates and sugar (which feeds the yeast)
- Consuming a lot of alcohol
- Taking oral contraceptives
- Eating a diet low in beneficial fermented foods like Kombucha, Kimchi, sauerkraut, & pickles
- Living a high-stress lifestyle
- Taking a round of antibiotics that killed too many of those friendly bacteria
Here are 10 common Candida Symptoms:
- Skin and nail fungal infections (such as Athlete’s Foot or toenail fungus)
- Feeling tired and worn down or suffering from chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia
- Digestive issues such as bloating, constipation, or diarrhea
- Autoimmune disease such as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, Rheumatioid arthritis, Ulcerative colitis, Lupus, Psoriasis, Scleroderma, or Multiple Sclerosis
- Difficulty concentrating, poor memory, lack of focus, ADD, ADHD, and brain fog
- Skin issues such as eczema, psoriasis, hives, and rashes
- Irritability, mood swings, anxiety, or depression
- Vaginal infections, urinary tract infections, rectal itching, or vaginal itching
- Severe seasonal allergies or itchy ears
- Strong sugar and refined carbohydrate cravings
Simple At-Home test for Candida:
-First thing in the morning (before intaking anything), spit into a clear glass of water
-Watch for a hazy, white, spiral (or icicle) heading towards the bottom of the glass within 90 seconds (considered a positive test for Candida)
West Coast Ultra Cleanse is a high potency formula which can help cleanse the body of Candida. Ask your doctor for details!